$30.55 per hour (1 day or equivalent per week)
Under s 25 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1991 (Qld), it is a genuine
occupational requirement of this position that it be filled by a person of
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent
The Gunggari Native Title Aboriginal Corporation RNTBC (GNTAC) is seeking Expressions
of Interest from Gunggari people for the above position.
The main responsibilities of the role are to lead a Cultural Heritage Survey Team to
undertake cultural heritage site surveys at Mount Moffatt National Park and to assist
with input of all relevant cultural heritage materials and information held at the GNTAC
office into an online database purchased for the project. This includes data captured
through the cultural heritage site surveys.
The ideal candidate will have strong cultural values, understand cultural protocols, and
be of Gunggari descent.
The position reports to the GNTAC Cultural Heritage Coordinator, and is based in
Skills and Attributes
• Understanding of, or ability to rapidly acquire an understanding of, the
statutory and regulatory operating environment for Cultural Heritage and
• Sound knowledge of, or ability to rapidly acquire knowledge of, how to identify
and record Gunggari cultural heritage sites and artefacts in the context of a
whole-of-Country cultural landscape.
• Provide leadership and support to a team to undertake training and field work
for recording of cultural heritage information.
• Strong communication skills with a wide range of stakeholders.
• Broad project administrative skills, including:
* the ability to negotiate, develop and coordinate a cultural heritage survey program;
* manage information management systems such as online databases,
* word processing skills, and
* ability to manage a project budget and provide timely and accurate reporting as
required for the project
• Ability to occasionally work irregular hours, including weekends.
Applicants must be willing to provide written evidence from a registered medical doctor of
their fitness and ability to work for extended lengths of times in sometimes remote locations.
How to Apply
If you would like to join our team, please submit your Resume and Expression of
Interest outlining how you meet the above skills and attributes to
A position description is attached below.
Applications close 26th March 2022.